Post new topic   Reply to topic    Grenricks Guidance Forum Index -> --Tank General--
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grenrick

re: Question for Tanks

I have heard.. but have not tested, the ability Armorbreak will stack with other tanks. This is in the new Dragon AA line. It would take 11 points to max out. This will decrease mitigation of target vs all damage by 798. If it stacks that would be 2394 if 3 tanks take it. A brigand single target dispatch is 9000 with AAs. A brigands cornered AOE "dispatch" is 3420.

So my question is, think its worth it? I am going to try it, I think I can swing the AA's

Holy

What is the cap on mitigation debuffs for mobs?

I know debuffs are becoming important in the next expansion, but I feel like there's better lines in the Dragon page to take.

1. Draconic Aggressor line to the bottom to increase my damage output. With the incredible damage being put out by dpsers in the expansion, I need to up my dps to be able to hold aggro since that's what an SK relies on.

2. Dragon Roar line top increases beneficial abilities by 10%. This allows me to increase by group buffs by 2 seconds a piece, and my self-saves by 1-2. The bottom of this line will give an additional snap, something I'm planning on taking in a build if we face fights like HM Oligar.

3. Elder Dragon Scales line is fantastic for any MTs. Last ability on the line is a 25% health heal, 25% health increase instant cast for tanks lasting 24 seconds. With Liepha currently sitting at 450K in heroic gear, thats an additional 110k for 24 seconds. With raid tanks getting up to 1 or 2 million hps, you're talking about a 250-500k health increase for 24 seconds. I think this is huge for our tanking tanks in hard encounters. It lasts 24 seconds with a recast of 1min 30 seconds, meaning it can be up almost 1/3 of the time. 

Not to mention that everything before it is mitigation/damage reduction/HP increase. 

I've already built out some of Liepha's aa builds in Beta. In her regular raid build, I would be able to get 6 points into it without losing anything super crucial in other pages. Otherwise I would have to start pulling serious dps abilities, survivability, or group/raid buffage.

-L

Mermut
Guild Alliance

Jazzalyn wrote:

3. Elder Dragon Scales line is fantastic for any MTs. Last ability on the line is a 25% health heal, 25% health increase instant cast for tanks lasting 24 seconds. With Liepha currently sitting at 450K in heroic gear, thats an additional 110k for 24 seconds. With raid tanks getting up to 1 or 2 million hps, you're talking about a 250-500k health increase for 24 seconds. I think this is huge for our tanking tanks in hard encounters. It lasts 24 seconds with a recast of 1min 30 seconds, meaning it can be up almost 1/3 of the time.

-L

Serious heal envy from a healers here.. with heals like that, any tank who uses that 1/3 of the time has a real chance of out healing their own healers

-Soteria-

I participated in a few test raids, and one of the tanks commented (he didn't sound facetious) that every name in Accursed Sanctum mem wipes. The farthest any of the raids I took part in got was the 5th named, and even though I was too busy casting every heal I had as soon as it came up to devote much attention to the agro situation, memwipes did seem to be a problem. So... the extra snap might be a good bet, based on that. 

From the sound of things, tanks seemed to be saying that they had to spec and gear very defensively, just to stay alive, and I heard many an SK asking "how the heck am I supposed to keep agro with relatively less dps?" but I'm sorry to say I didn't ever hear a serious answer. 

Jump to: