Post new topic   Reply to topic    Grenricks Guidance Forum Index -> Reign of Shadows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
*Agrammar*

re: Windows Update (Optional) for gamers KB5004296

A number of you have been complaining about lag, poor framerates, etc. Turns out a patch that was rolled out earlier this year was causing havoc with gamers specifically. This patch was rolled out a while back, but wasn't advertised that much. I happened across the information reading news today. If you're having these problems, it might be due to the aforementioned patch. If you are running Windows 10, check to see if this optional patch is sitting in your system waiting to be downloaded and installed. I list the specific number in the title. You can check by clicking on your little Windows square bottom left of your screen called the Start Button. Select "Settings (looks like a little mechanical clog) and choose Updates and Security. If it's there waiting to be installed, try it out. It may be the cure for your problems. It might not be, but it doesn't hurt to find out.

Best of luck!! 

Thagrin
Guild Alliance

thanks for the info

Yabusame-KOTR

Thank you for the info I will try the update to see if things improve. I guess I am used to bugs or whatever and become apathetic. I have been losing voice chat b/c computer goes to sleep mode which may be something else. I turned off sleep mode to correct it.

A computer shouldn't go into sleep mode if it's active. May need to see what you have the timer set at for "inactive for 'x' number of minutes." Typically, it used to be about 5 minutes. Reset it for 30 minutes and see what happens. If it's going into sleep mode while you're actually on it, that's a whole different problem.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Grenricks Guidance Forum Index -> Reign of Shadows All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: