View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vlkodlak-RE
Guild Alliance

re: Defiler!

1.    General Information on the Class:  The Defiler is a shaman of corruption and spiritual enslavement. A powerful ally, Defilers are able to mend wounds and remove ailments from the afflicted. Fearsome in battle, Defilers employ ancient rituals of dark power to sicken, harm and reduce the fighting prowess of the enemy.

2.    Why pick this class over another?  The Defilers are a fearsome healer and great addition to any group or raid.  With countless wards and heals, they weave their dark magic to heal their allies while taking a heavy toll on their enemies.  Numerous de-buffs, power feeds, power drains and the largest ward arsenal in the game.  A hardy class with few limitations.

3.    AA Choices: 

4.    Spells / Combat Arts / Heals:  The majority of our damage spells include some type of de-buff, while not at potent as a Brig, we offer a number of Mit decreasing de-buffs to all or certain types, Physical, Noxious etc.  As well as DPS, Haste de-buffs.  I try to maintain them in my casting orders to keep them on the mobs as much as possible.  Trash it is always difficult if not futile to try and maintain them, but the aoe de-buffs are easy to keep going.  My UI maintains times on all my of buffs and debuffs so I can see what is coming due or may have expired.  The Defiler loves a large encounter, it feasts on its carnage for its power and damage ability.  With a simple click of an ability and or clickie effect I can raise my Pot by 2000 for a short duration and lay in to a group encounter.  Continual dots for the mobs that also power feed the group make for a happy defiler

5.    Hot Bars:

6.    Buff:  Who gets mine:  Defilers are not blessed with many buffs, but we have a few we like to share:  Tendrils of Horror III: When damaged with a melee weapon this spell has a 8% chance to cast Tendrils of Fear on target's attacker. Lasts for 36.0 seconds. •  Decreases Damage Per Second of target by 37.3 •  Decreases Attack Speed of target by 26.1  I put this one a fast hitting scout for the most benefit.  Harbinger VIII:  • Increases STA of target by 169.7 • Increases Max Power of target by 762.5.  Tanks and myself typically get this to help stay alive, or if I don’t have a tank, I will put it on the second healer in the group.  Invective V:  • On a hit this spell may cast Deadly Invective on target of attack. Lasts for 24.0 seconds. Triggers about 2.0 times per minute.  • Inflicts 160 disease damage on target instantly and every 4 seconds.  • 80% of target's power consumed will also be drained from target's health.  Can be placed on Tank or scout depending on the situation. 

7.    Casting orders:  Typically during the incoming countdown, I cast a quick heal to trigger temp effects that increase healing, cast a group ward, cast Ritual (35% increase to next ward), cast my single target ward, and then as soon as the tank makes contact cast Soul Shackle: Wards group members AE, Decreases Potency of target by 20%, Increases Abi Mod of group AE.  For example: 

8.    Oh Crap buttons:  Soul Ward:  Siphons Defilers health down to 10% and the amount siphoned is used as a ward on your target.  The higher your total health, the larger your ward.   Deathward III:  Wards target against all damage.  Ward is increased closer ally is to death.  Eidolic Ward: Single target emergency ward.  Purulence:  Group emergency ward.

9.    Gear Choices:  My gear leans towards high Pot, CB and Abi Mod.  Currently I am using a flurry set up vs. double cast.  I try to aim for gear that will benefit the group / raid with a proc or bonus etc. 

10.    Adorns: White:  A mix of Wis, DPS, Resists, Spell Casting ability, Casting Speed, and Haste.  Purple:  Armor Purples (7) Heroic Power, Gear Purples Efficacy (10% Crit Bonus 5% Doublecast 35% Potency 5% to recast any offensive ability, Storm Animus (Group 8% Health Boost +200 to all base stats), Bolstered Attributes (Self +150 to base stats +10% to all attributes), Foundations of Adamant (Group +2,112 Mit to all damage), Reification (Cure and +30% heal ward proc).  Green Adorns:  Currently I am still using the Arachmech Eye Spirit Stone.  I have them maxed out, and the upgraded versions while they are slightly better stats, the Abi mod is the same so I have been leery of swapping to the upgraded ones just to level them again   But at some point I will get on that.

11.    Diety / Clickie’s:  With the new deity system it has brought a few more options to the table as far as miracles and blessings.  I have opted for the Rallos Zek diety for the alter aoe damage miracle, and the deity DD spell, Devastation of War.  While not typical healer choices, in raids when we need that little extra umph, it is a nice boost for those that can use it.   The Manastone reward is nice to have just for a pinch of power, although we are able to cannibalize ourselves as needed for power.  Cloak of Crystalline Waters offers a recastable stone that give your power and health reasonable quickly.  Icy Dragon Essence gives you a 10% boost to health and power, 25% boost to CB and Pot for 12 seconds,  long recast time, but those names when you need more pew pew.  I use the Ooze Spider for the Vigor buff as well as the Charm of Bound Flames for its static buffs and aoe damage when equipped.

12.  New Raid food!

Jump to: