Post new topic   Reply to topic    Grenricks Guidance Forum Index -> Necromancers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aholic

re: Necro Guide GU 100 UPDATED 7/19/ 2016

Based on this spec, and the key is the prestige tree as Rot Flesh is amazing. Special thanks to Stimps and Khamgot from Rawr for getting me to try rot flesh when I came back from my hiatus!!

Aholic

http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/aap/455267202383/2/

Here is casting order for optimum dps on necro at present time

NOTE get lifeburn off your hotbar it is completely worthless at the moment !!!!a

If you are gonna be stubborn and use lifeburn, please be aware not to ever use it in fights with death counts!!!!!  Don't be Stupid

This is for named mobs because trash wont live this long.

Scout pet Single Target
Mage pet AE

1 Mortality Mark (Debuff)

2 Vampire Bats (Decreases Defense 49)  I put this here to give the tank a second or two to establish aggro, from here on out watch your threat meter!!!

2 1/2 If you use Death Touch charm this is a good spot for it. Although Im moving away from that in raids and even some heroics

3 Skull Foci  (Potency Boost )(refresh in about 45 seconds - also an AE)
4 Spell Bind (increases potency 25 percent by base potency for 10 seconds. REFRESHES in 1 minute)
      During those 10 seconds
5 Undead Horde (if its up)
6 *Awaken Grave 
7 *Rot Flesh
8 *Blighted Horde *These 3 are on a 30 second timer this is the crux of your rotation.7 Soulburn (this is affected by your pets HP's and Crit Bonus/ One could argue cast Unda here but sometimes I will back out to cast it after the 10 I have listed for maximum hits)
9 Soulrot
10 Bloodcoil

11 Elemental Toxicity (AE plus depositional)

12 If E Tox is down and your are getting hate use Arcane Bewilderment here ST depositional

I intentionally left out Unda Arcane Spiritus as its on an odd timer.  Work that in as you see fit its huge too ;-)

This is your most efficient most damaging order of casting.

Now is when you are waiting on your key 3 * to refresh, I'm a huge fan of consumption here, Unda Arcane Spiritus, use pandemic on linked encounters, Bloodcloud on AE fights, mix in Lifetaps and other smaller spells like vampire bats on Single Targets, and keep soulburn going when it comes available.

IMPORTANT Reset Rune Only - If you have the Reset rune it puts Rot Flesh/ Souburn and Elemental Toxicity on the same timers ;-)  This is huge and really increases the effectiveness of Elemental Toxicity

Once awaken grave, rot flesh and blighted horde come back up you are looking to get spell bind in every other rotation to maximize your dps.  As Undead Horde comes up put it back in that rotation too. 

Things to note: 

You cant really have too much potency or ability mod on a necro currently.  I run between 130k and 140k abil mod usually and could use more for Rot Flesh

Collection Rewards

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Fabled_Cazic-Thule_Collection_Quests
http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Fabled_Ruins_of_Varsoon_Collection_Quests

Summoner Tree

Necromancer Tree and its okay to pull that point from lifeburn out, i keep it purely for sentimental reasons and hope that it will be modified one day.

Shadows :  I Love instantaneous cure, its amazing in certain situations and it can be cast on the run . . .

Heroic Tree: Make sure you have Soulburn and its fine to go potency instead of crit bonus . . . Not sure why I havent made that adjustment yet, old habits die hard . . .

Dragon:

Prestige: This is the most important part as right side is pitiful compared to left now IMO

Necromancer Prestige: This is pretty standard for almost every class now.  Some variances for situations but this is most bang for the buck now that auto attack damage is suffering from the lack of Crit Bonus in the game.  You definitely want both Skull Focii and Unda.  If you had to drop one for something else drop Skull Focii.  I can see the potential for maybe putting some points in boosting HPs for very rare situational use but Weapon Damage Bonus is garbage until they increase CB cap.

I have other specs too and I have lots of ways of doing things.  I have a Tank pet spec that is really good for giving  your tank pet over 4 mil hps and lots of other tools.  I am currently working on a survivability solo spec although I haven't put much time in it.

Last edited by Aholic on 07/19/2016 12:26 pm; edited 5 times in total
Aholic

The best way to see this is make a immortal dummy in the guild hall, turn on ACT and practice.

It should flow and make sense if you do this enough, the rest should fall into place as far as waiting on your big stuff to be back up together.

Reset Rune

With the Reset rune and I highly recommend it on the necromancer, Elemental Toxicity, Rot Flesh and Soulburn become on the same timer.  This is HUGE.  Much bigger than I expected. 

Necro Class Cloak

I'm in hopes of eventually getting the non relic one in raid but it makes your weakest swarm pet rival your strongest. 

All I really play for now is the Reset Hammer and that better go to a good player!  If you dont have 7k plus potency don't even think about rolling on the hammer guys, it will make little difference for you where putting it on a player who keeps their toon up to date it will be a VERY Noticeable DPS boost and greatly benefit our future endeavors of getting more and more difficult loots.

Last edited by Aholic on 07/19/2016 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Aholic

Updated and cleaned up my heroic tree

Aholic

Here is a 2 minute epic-immortal training dummy parse using rising tide at 9 meters

(02:19) training dummy: 183120436 Aholic-Unda Arcanus Spiritus-505,178,563
Aholi | 183120436

Aholic

Post Summoner Nerf and this one had a big mythical unda blast so it was proabably in the high 160 mil range without that

(02:10) training dummy: 176321882 Aholic-Unda Arcanus Spiritus-826,293,580
Aholi | 176321882

Aholic

re: 9k pot rising tide and warrior's way 2min parse scout pet

(02:09) training dummy: 218071894 Aholic-Unda Arcanus Spiritus-539,822,001
Aholi | 218071894

Aholic

re: Assassin Left Prestige 8.5k potency 1.5kcb reset/fervor rune

For comparison this is an Assassin in Left Prestige spec.  In a longer parse the assassin will actually parse higher than this when Nightblade's Intensity procs up higher.  Left side is back in for the Sin!

(02:09) training dummy: 165069959 Panamon-Fatal Followup-1,935,830,886
Panam | 165069959

If I could get the necro's crit bonus conversion I would be right with them.  On shorter fights the Assassin will actually spike higher and faster at times.  In 4 to 5 minute fights Id say they are gonna be fairly even in a left prestige spec due to the 20 base potency increase of Concealer's Pain.

I haven't spent near the resources on this assassin, infusing gear, so I could gain quite a bit of CB and Potency potentially but with the expac around the corner I'm gonna hold off but the math seems to be there for the Sin to rival the necro in the proper hands.

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:

His actual melee auto attack here is 3 percent of overall parse.  Thus:  Don't be worried about WDB and flurry as much as Potency, Potency, Potency.  It's just the way the game is at the moment . . .

Never neglect potency for any other stat on a DPS class at present.  This is actually true for most classes I've parsed including utility.  The key 3 stats to consider are 1. Potency, 2. Crit bonus and 3. Ability Modifier  . . . everything else take it where you can get it and focus on stats that will increase these first 3 through prestige tree conversions and so forth. 

I've gone as far as going back to power runes and dropping AE in wrists and legs and even in cases flurry/doublecast runes in shoulders. definitely if you have the cloak rune you want all power runes PERIOD. 

AE auto isn't even worth sacrificing anything for at the moment.  Take what you can get but don't neglect something that is actually gonna increase your overall damage.

I'll also paste this in my reforging thread.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Grenricks Guidance Forum Index -> Necromancers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: