Post new topic   Reply to topic    Grenricks Guidance Forum Index -> Inquisitors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Soteria-

re: EQ2 AoM Inquisitor Class Guide / Soteria's NEW Autobiography

1. General information on class

The Inquisitor is an incredibly versatile priest that can excel in almost any circumstance. Being clerics, reactive heals (spells that trigger a heal each time the spell target receives damage) are the Inquisitor's bread and butter. We provide a well rounded buff package, offering plenty of goodies for tanks as well as both melee damage and spellcasters. If healing isn't a full time job, an Inquisitor can bring formidable melee based offensive power to the group as well.

1. Why pick your class over another

Lets be honest... raid-wise, it doesn't seem to be a great time to be an inquisitor. The class isn't in high demand, and some (dastardly) raid forces are going without them entirely. That being said, if you are an inquisitor that does raid, 2 great things you bring to a raid force are FAST cures and verdict. Do your class proud and make great use of both. 

For heroic content, inquisitors are as awesome as ever. With 2 group cures, good group buffs, high DPS potential and verdict, we bring a lot to a group. Any healer that can keep the group alive will suffice... but a good inquisitor can go way above and beyond that. 

3.   AA choice and why - with(out) screen shots

My AA specs are subject to change almost weekly based on the evolving needs of my raid force and my own crazy ideas. Here is a link to my AA specs on EQ2U

Here is the why of it: 

Cleric Tree:

I take the strength line because I like Skull Crack (for the debuffs attached), Bolt of Power (For the interrupt chance - free interrupts mean less bad things happen to you), and since running out of HP tends to be bad, Unwavering Resolve is good for some situations too. The Stifle and Interrupt immunity endline can be lifesaving, and with some of the other endlines being a bit meh... it's a solid choice. 

In most specs I take the Agility line. The mez is pretty useless, but the dps+block chance is good, and shield ally can be worth a lot in the right circumstances. Shield ally says it uses your avoidance... but that's not the whole story. More on that here. As an additional sidenote, one easy way to add SOME avoidance to shield ally without equipping a shield and killing your dps is to add Riposte chance. You can do this with Smoldering Adornment of Avoidance (Superior). It's not much, but it works out to about 2-3% extra uncontested avoidance for the tank with just the riposte adorns, and up to ~6% if you equip a shield and get your block chance up. I imagine it would be possible to go much higher than that with block chance armor etc, but I'm inclined to doubt the returns would be worth the loss you'd take on other stats. Lastly, Holy Shield is obviously useful, it can be cast on anyone in your group but I typically have it macroed to myself because you gotta look out for #1 you know?

I put 10 points in Severe Judgement in the stamina line, because yay for extra weapon damage. If I understand correctly, the auto attack multiplier is a different stat from weapon damage bonus, and is actually multiplied against WDB, therefore making WDB more beneficial. (I have not tested this to confirm I'm understanding right, and would love input on this)

Divine Guidance - is probably still the single best tool at the cleric's disposal. The HP boost can save people from one-shot death, the reactive heal is fantastic. No brainer. 

Inquisitor Tree:

I upgrade all my attacks to their melee versions, increase the damage and triggers on my reactive damage spells, increase the damage of Act of War, and add the effect to verdict that makes it trigger when the mob crosses into verdict range. I think the verdict enhancement is must-have, because lag can be annoying and it's good to get it in a couple of seconds early because lag is often terrible and it has a second or two delay anyway (kind of like summoners' soulburn). As for endlines, Reach of Faith and Battle Cleric are obvious choices. Punishment and Maladroit are terribly, horribly broken and not worth taking. The spell description on Punishment looks promising, and it used to be pretty cool, but it cannot crit and doesn't seem to be modified properly by other stats either, since the most I've ever seen its heal hit for is ~3000(much less than even the spell description advertises). 

In the Shadows section, I suggest Fanatical Endurance (because resists are a big deal this expansion). Combative Healing, because in some circumstances Battle Dressing can be your top parsing heal, and if you have 100% AE auto it nicely makes up for the potential weakness of swarms of adds eating up all your reactives in 2 seconds before they are ready to recast and then killing you.  Chilling Invigoration is pretty great for both its damage and its healing, it's an obvious choice. 

Shadows Tree:

Most of this tree is kind of up to your own preferences.

General: Of course, for better survival Pet of the Gods and Hearty Constitution will raise your HP quite nicely and I suggest those.

Priest: Litany of Combat gives a pretty good melee buff that raises WDB by 25% in addition to some other bonuses, and it's a great choice for any build where you intend to do any DPS. Secular Protection is the right choice for ANY priest this expansion - you will add ~1000 to each resist type for everyone in your group. 

Cleric: Devoted Allegiance is a good idea for more HP in your group. Allied Prayers adds a very useful group heal when Malevolent Diatribe is recast, expires or runs out of triggers, and the heal it adds is bigger than the triggers of the spell so it's pretty much a must-have if you want to heal effectively. Overwhelming Arms provides a pretty much always on 20% flurry buff as long as you're attacking... which is HUGE for dps and you'd be crazy not to take it. Sacrifice is in my opinion not a good spell to use, because taking your own HP down to 10% is way too risky. 

Inquisitor: Fanatical Devotion is one of the nice DPS bonuses inquisitors bring to a group. It tends to parse about 2-5% of each group member's total damage, often making it the 4th or 5th largest source of damage from your group, after the various crush/pierce/slash types of damge and right alongside Peace of Mind etc. Other than that... I usually beef up my group heals. Keep in mind Despotic Healing DOES NOT apply to the prestige upgrade Fanatic's Inspiration. 

Heroic Tree:

The enhanced Divine Guidance is a pretty obvious choice. Divine Armor is a very useful spell with a lot of good applications, and Retribution is an alright choice for solo and maybe heroic play, but I'd really recommend the last 8 points in either potency or wisdom for best efficiency since combined your spells and combat arts probably do <20% of your damage, especially in raids. 

The endlines are all pretty good, but Equilibrium and Immaculate Revival are must-have spells. 

Dragon Tree:

I like to take the base casting speed bonuses in the Draconic Regeneration line, for two main reasons. First, because in heal-intensive situations, shaving a half-second or so off of the cast time of Malevolent Diatribe and Alleviation can make up the difference between finishing casting the heal in time to save yourself or a party member, and letting them die. Second, because shaving a half-second off the cast time of Malevolent Diatribe makes it a lot more forgiving to squeeze its cast time between two spells/combat arts and keep Unyielding Retribution from dropping.

In my regular spec, I take the Wild Smiting line for Unyielding Retribution, because as long as I can squeeze a quick combat art in every few seconds, it helps both healing and dps output a TON. 

I do have a turtle spec where I took the Nature Dragon Scales line for extra survivability this expansion, because if you're a little below the resist requirements for a fight the 3 second 100% damage reduction and personal until-cancelled death save make for a good safety net when you absolutely, positively have to stay alive. 

Prestige 1: 

Right now I'm going with the ward proc on interrogation, because with wards getting full crit bonus benefits it's actually not too bad. I've seen it ward for over 900k so far, and my stats are pretty bad right now. The shadowstep is also handy for jousting and stuff, if you're creative. I am still taking the first item in the left side tree as well, because the triggered heal effect is one of my best tools for supplying heavy heals to a tank, especially if I can land it on a time warp and get 5-7 triggers. Of course, the "Final Verdict" in the middle is must-have. 

Prestige 2:

I like to put 6 in the crit bonus boost, get that endline, 5 in the potency boost, get that endline, and then put 5 in the WDB and get that endline... then take Divine Waters and ignore the cast on the run ability since I can cast plenty of things on the run as it is. 

Focus Effects:

I ignore the Focus: Fanatical Healing since it does not apply to the prestige conversion upgrade, but take the other class focus skills. With the 2 leftover options, I take Focus: Critical Damage and Focus: Speed. I figure the run speed will make it harder for silly tanks who can cast on the run to leave me in the dust when they go charging off out of heal range. 

1. Spells/combat arts discussion, basics on your stuff.

Coming Soon!

5. Hot bar setup - with screen shots

Hotkeys

6. Group buffs and individual buffs and why you use them where.

Coming Soon!

1. Pre pull buffs

I don't really cast much before pull except heals.

1. Casting order, combat arts/spells, temp buffs, and why

I cast my standard st and group reactives before pull, refreshing them as needed throughout the fight. I usually throw Condemn (mit debuff) as the mob is running in. If I am in defensive or if it is a named, I will throw Forced Obedience and then Deny as well. After debuffs, I usually hit a melee attack to start my auto attack, then cast all 3 punishment spells. Once they are up, I go through my attacks in the order I listed them in the above section, while refreshing reactives, punishment spells and debuffs as needed according to my spell timer. 

1. Oh no buttons, when things go bad.

Divine Guidance and my emergency heals come to mind, but I don't have any really powerful cure-all, it's more a matter of trying to anticipate disaster and prevent it. 

1. Gear choices

Coming Soon!

1. Adornment choices

Coming Soon!

1. Deity/other items (mana stone, etc)

Coming Soon!

1. Macros you use

Coming Soon!

1. Useful tools you use (outside of game) - including download links

Coming Soon!

Jump to: