View previous topic :: View next topic  
SES Street

re: How Dewbe rolls

1. General Information on Wardens

Wardens use HOTs to keep peeps alive.  HOTs r the best heals ingame hands down.  They love to be in melee range, and with spell to ca's converts in the warden tree suit them well.  When geared correctly and such they not only can be beasts on heals, but can push out the DEEPS like that of a t1 dpser.

2. Why a Warden over other healers

It was my first toon, and is still one of the funnest to play imo.  Made a mystic and she just sits.  Havein to cast to keep the grp alive /sigh dont know how they dps.

3. AA choices and why - with screen shots 

Link to spec Dewbe Raid spec

Druid TREE

Tree opener 3 different animal forms, Tiger - dmg proc on melee hits, Treant 2% more heal, Winter Wolf 3.5 CC

Tiger - Is the one I mostly use, again for the dmg proc.

STR

10 Nature Blade, max the dmg amt/haste buff

2 DPS mod, To get endline

10 Nature Boom, 40% chance to heal grp on melee hits

1 Primordial Strike, a NEVER miss CA. good to have a no fail hit

AGI

10 mezz- pretty pointless

10 Charm can be fun

2  Keep it low that way u can maintain the 2% dmg reduction (from Healstorm) on the grp longer

1  T-Shell is a must have, AE block for grp, and up's block Chance by 100% also win win, if tank and a cleric with shield ally in grp.

INT

10 Thunderspike, Max dmg

10 Base dmg increase for spells, and yep the CA converts

2 Casting skills, Needed for endline

1 Infusion, Free dps based on beneficial spell casts.

SF line

8 - Accuracy

8 - 2% dmg reduction addon for Healstorm, and Photosynthesis.

END line

2 - Tunare's Grace - Best grp cure ingame IMO. On a cure, person's receive a 3(aa'd to 4) dmg proc.

WARDEN TREE

ROW 1 - 5 CA convert, 5 CA convert

ROW 2 - 5 dehate (2positions), 5 maxed res stat bonuses, 3 to dmg shield on cure.

ROW 3 - 5 mit increase, 5 CA convert, 4 increase trigger rate, 5 max Spirit of the Bat buff (AGI/pwr regen)

ROW 4 - 5 Max agi debuff, 5 CA convert, 5 max cb addon to tranquility(cure overtime, with heal on each cure), 5 Heal addon to grp cure(Verdant Whisper), 5 decrease curse cast time by 1 min.

Nature Walk - Root immunity, and 50% slow reduction

Force of Nature - Base weapon dmg mod

Shatter Infections - 8 sec CURE all, no pwr cost. can not break control effects if on warden, has to be precasted in preparation of them.

SF line

5 - Frozen Limbs - 142 STR debuff added to Frostbite slice/spell also

5 - Animal Instinct - Melee based proc that increase CA dmg by 15% and adds 24 MA.

5- Vitality of the Great Bear - STA increase on buff by 50%, also added 10 Block Chance

5 - Skin like Wood - Physical Ward added to Sylvan Bloom. Ward lasts 12 sec, Sylvan Bloom recast is 2.5 can stack on peeps prepull.

2 - Primal Rage - adds Threat proc to instinct, Increase for fighters, decrease for non fighters

END line

CYCLONE - 10 sec DMG immunity to all DMG and yes this includes FOCUS dmg.

SHADOWS Tree

ROW 1 - 5 deity pet mod, 5 Max HP

ROW 2 - 5 Litany of Combat(melee stance), 5 max non fighter physcial mit, 5 max elemental mit. END line pointless, get sickness removal neck to swap. 

ROW 3 - 5 Elemental Mastery (increase base dmg of elemental spells/ca's), 5 Nature's Storm (CB and base dmg mod for Frostbite CA/Spell). END line, sound nice however your not a mage.  Wrath of Nature can only be on the enc from ONE and only ONE druid at a time.  Best left for the FURY to use.

ROW 4 - 5 Aura of Health 5% increase raid target, 5 Icefall Base and CB mod, spell/CA, 5 Elemental Barrier, Increases elemental mit amt, and ward amt.  

END line - Glacial Assault, DPS stance, only need the one.  HEAL stance is a waste of aa.

HEROIC

ROW 1 -  10 - 180 more wis, MORE is always better. Increase the base of all abilities as well as weapon dmg.

ROW 2 - 10 POT, 8 CB

ROW 3 - 10 need to max, get a 4th trigger on Tunare's Grace also increase cure range, and cure lvl. IT can cure 3 stacks of the same type in one cast.  

10 Spirit of Druidism, procs on any CA/Spell/autoattack(melee/ranged).  Grp ward(pot affected), 210 AB mob, 10% Cast speed.

END line

Faith of the Fallen - Complete heal with matching ward amt, ward only last 15ish seconds.  However if use on person with full health a small ward is still applied.

Great for healing somone about to die. near instant cast time, and is a raid target, not grp only.

Howling with the Pack 20sec duration, Breaks control effects on the warden/30% dmg reduction. Grp heal (no range limit), heal amt is 25% of the warden's Direct dmg.

DRAGON

LINE 4 

Intent Smiting - 10 adds 15 ma and 15 DMG based pot to Glacial Assault.

Litany of Destruction - 10 increase the Weapon Dmg Bonus of Litany of Combat by 5, melee stance.

Uncontrollable Wrath - AA convert for Wrath. 10 Maxed dmg amt, hits harder then Wrath, also can be cast on the run.

Endline - Unyielding Retribution - increases the wardens Base CB amt by 15%.  Need to be maintained by usein a dmg ability even 5sec. or buff is lost for 90 sec.

Easy to maintain. If chain healing just need to toss a ca in there every 2 heals or so. 15% more can be huge for both dps and heal potential.

PRESTIGE

Right Side

3 - Luck of the Wild, Base trigger chance increase of 36%, all triggered effect be it spells, or gear. get a 36% increase.

3 - Brainstorm, On a combat hit, CA/spell/Autoattack(Melee/Ranged), grp recieves 3% dmg reduction

1 -Blinding Sands - Adds a CB trigger, and temp ae block effect to sandstorm.  AE block sound kewl, but have yet to see a way of knowing if u r being blocked via a chat text or a spell/maintained effect.  However the CB is grp wide and for everyone that gets hit, avoids hits and everything inbetween.  It is one CB for ever proc mentioned.

2 -Sandstorm Mastery - Adds a 30% chance to reset a warden Main CA's/Spells(Dawnstrike, Icefall Strike, Frostbite Slice, Whirl of Permafrost) to Sandstorm.

1- Haste Mastery - every 15 haste is 1 CB.  mmmm love haste, CB and extra flurry also. WIN WIN!!!

3 - Windblade - 10m range grp buff, dmg proc

3 - Double Blades adds a second hit to windbalde that matches the first hit amt.

2 - Restoring Breeze - adds a heal effect to windblade, when member uses a ca/spell can proc a heal on themselves.

3- Constant Winds - adds a CB buff, 2.1% per increment, max increment amt is 10.  Members in grp have a change to build CB increments based on dmg hits.

End line - Assisting Wind - Adds a second hit to Icefall Strike, Frostbite Slice, and Dawnstrike (likewise to the spells also).   Secret, with this aa those 3 CA's can now be time warped.

Middle - Winds of Growth - HOT u can cast on the move, heals the lowest 2 peeps in raid. IF spamed, it can not reheal the previous 2 targets.

Middle - Pack's Instant - Mods Instinct to become grp wide.  Weapon skills 94.4, dmg dot(amt varries based on members CB), 7 DPS, 10% accuracy.   AA mod from warden tree - Dethreat for non fighters, Increased Threat for fighters.  Side note, dot is affect by UT.

CLASS FOCUS

Critical Damage - 2 CB

Thorncoat - 609 physical mit

Stances - 10 CB mob fro heal/dps stance

Photosynthesis - Extra tick

Wind of Healing/Healstorm - Base heal amt increase 20%/15%

Instinct - 7 DPS, 10 Accuracy.

Ward of the Untamed - Base ward amt increase 30%

Sandstorm - adds 8 more Block chance to the static buff, also adds a 2 block chance increase per update.

Tranquility - 2 extra ticks, means a cure/heal every 10sec, instead of 15sec

4. Spells and Combat Arts discussion

COMMING SOON

5. Hotbar setup. LINK for better text read

6. Group buffs and individual buffs and why you use them where.

GROUP

Nereid's Boom - Underwater Breath

Essence of the Great Bear - STA 84.8, elemental mit 2350, 10% block chance, max aa'd

Favor of the Wild - AGI and WIS 128.5, 2.4% base avoid, magical resists 360

Armor of Seasons - GM choice BTW, Fighter Sta bonus 800%, non fighters physical mit 2256

Nature Walk - AA, Immunity to roots, slow effect reduction 50%

Windblade - 10m range, 2.4x a min DMG proc, 3.3x a min self heal proc, and 3.3x a min self CB proc

Instinct - Weapon skills 94.4, dmg dot(amt varries based on members CB), 7 DPS, 10% accuracy.   AA mod from warden tree - Dethreat for non fighters, Increased Threat for fighters.

SELF

Nature Restoration - HOT's increase per tick limited to 5 ticks, also 50% chance to feed pwr on heal cast

Warden of the Forest - Focus 67.2, Phy mit 1115, magical mit 2614, grants See invis.

Infusion - On beneficial spell casts dmg proc

Shapeshift: Tiger - On melee hit 13.6% chance to proc dmg.

Glacial Assault - DPS stance, 15MA, 15% damaging pot, 10CB, base autoattack multiplier .075, base weapon dmg bonus 25, -22.5 heal pot, 10% crit dmg increase of spells and CA's, Dmg proc.

Battle Prowess - Melee stance, Weapon dmg bonus 25, 15% increase of CA's, 25 dps

Diety pet - 556.9 to all stats, have deity pet mod neck atm.

Targeted

Thorncoat - When receiving melee dmg procs dmg on single target, aa mod adds 609 phy mit.  Use as a self buff unless tank is squshie. Can be raid target.

Spirit of the Bat - 93.7 agi. 1% base avoid, 44.8 incombat pwr regen, max pwr increase 377.1.  RANGER, or highest dps scout in grp, or squshie tank.

Regenerating Spores - When damaged 14.88% to heal, heal amt is doubled when under 50% hp.

Aspect of the Forest - Sta 169.7, Wis 190.1, magical resists 518. Myself and fellow healer/tank/necro if in mage grp.

Aura of Health - 5% more HP, Self or tank if they be diein, raid target.

7. Pre pull/on pull

Tranquility - Tank

Faerie Ally/Healing Grove - Maybe. Both r AE heals Healin grove also has a small pwr regen.

Sylvan Bloom on tank and me - Phs ward 12 sec

Photosynthesis - Tank and me 2% dmg reduction

Healstorm - 2% dmg reduction for grp

Thorns - 3 hit stoneskin as they r runing in.

Grp DP - if it is a Second or third pull and I have died on inc on previous pulls.

8. Casting Order, combat arts/spells, temp buffs and why

Changes based on fight

Most often

Undergrowth - agi debuff 53 sec duration

Sandstorm - all sorts of goodies 

Grp CB, hate for fighters, dehate for non fighter, Block Chance that can increment up, Deflection and Parry.

Killing Chamber - grp dmg proc if there r inside.

start ca's

Frostbite Strike - elemental debuff. Str debuff

Icefall Strike

Whirl of Permafrost - Weapon skills debuff, AE

Dawnstrike

Nature Blade

Primordial Strike

ANY of the reset CA's(Frostbite Strike, Icefall Strike, Dawnstrike) if not then Thunderspike

Winds of Healing

Rotation will include Winds of Healing(or Healstorm if heavier heals r needed), AE dmg from infusion. which adds up. also if u dont include something there will be downtime casue all your CA's WILL be on cooldown still.

9. Oh no buttons, when things go bad.

DP - Grp Recast 2.5 min, Single Target Recast 5 min

Thorns - 3 hit stoneskin Recast 90 sec

Cyclone - ALL dmg absorb (includes FOCUS) Recast 5 min

Howl with the Pack - 30% dmg reduction and 25% of MY direct dmg heals grp. Recast 90 sec

T-shell - 100% more Block Chance for tank, Great for when they be spiking. Recast 60 sec

Faith of the Fallen - Complete heal and matchin ward. Recast 90 sec

10. Gear Choices

BP, Shoulders, Forearms - MAX HP

Helm, Gloves, Boots - NO STA

Legs - Pot/CB/Ab mod

Flurry cloak, have flurry waist. Usein pot waist atm, tell I get the EV charm.

Heal ear. rest of jewelry increase stats/or is a dmg proc.  Have heal based gear in bags for the day they may become useful.

11. Adornment Choices

Green

Pickclaw Trickster's Gemstone x3

White

Cast speed - Cloak

Wisdom - Helm, Shoulders, Forearms, Legs, Charms, Neck, Waist

Weapon Skills - Chest, Gloves, Boots, Wrists

STA - Ears

Defense - Rings

Potency - Weapons, Range.

Purple

Potency on all slots

War Runes

Adamant Defiance - Stun immunity - this is a must imo, never gettin stunned it win

Foundation of Adamant - 713 to all mit grp wide

Descent of Drinal - 2 sec HOT with grp wide 6CB. - Lookin to replace

Undying Devotion - Ward, 3 sec regen rate. Lookin to replace.

Seeking Storm Animus, Bolstered Attributes, Winds of Obol/Truespirit legacy/Empyrean Cipher - for stoneskin.

12. Deity / other items

Totems - Runspeed, evac, invis, Draconic Oracle(max hp/pwr 8%, cb/pot 20% 12sec)

tinkered fd, shinny track, Manastones, Lifestones, DP

Potions - Acerbic Elixir of Piety, pwr regen, stun/stiffle break, root/fear break 

Cure pots. yep yep they dont require pwr to use.

Quested - Manastone, DOV/POW(pot/cure on heal charms), Steward's Mantel of Eternity(cloak buff random), Cloak of Crystalline Waters(Summons a Globe of Crystalline Waters, pwr regen, immune to stun/stiffle/root 18sec duration, can not BREAK, usefully to avoid such effects), Globe of World Domination(cure on heal cast)

Karana - ATM, been meaning to swap to Anashti Sul, for Power from beyond - 10% base dmg increase 10min duration, and Spirit Siphon - heal and pwr feed for self based on dmg output. 30 sec duration.

13. Macros

EVAC, Res, grp cures, curse cure, use photosynthesis on self, Divine Providence with Icefall Strike, T-Shell, DP- single and grp, Cyclone, Thorns - 3 trigger stoneskin,  Almost all my clickies and item swaps have a text to my item proc channel, and a timer in act so i know when they r up again.

14. Useful tools you use (outside of game) - including download links

Advanced Combat Tracker - Can track anything u can think of, also useful for addin triggers for buffs, dp trips, encounters that require u to do certain things.

Drums UI Went to it the day after the defualt UI changed.

Dragowulf spell tracker Account wide.  I use it to track spell that most of my toon share use of.  IE time warp, Singular focus, or effect that have a long duration and can be placed on many mobs.  Also, I use Drums build in spell tracker for a more detailed per class track. IE T-shell 

Dragowulf HUD - A kewl addon, keeps your HP/pwr and your targets HP bar right in your face.  I use to use it, now it just site in the eq folder turned off atm.

15. Videos of your character doing his/her job

Will read over it again, and update the comming soon section.

Mermut
Guild Alliance

On the druid page, you only have 2 pts in wild protection. You cited the keeping the duration of the heals long. On easy fights, I can see how keeping the heal/buff up with fewer casts is easier, but on harder fights, wouldn't the extra healing Wild Protection gives be worth more since it also makes the heal ticks come faster and even with max reuse and max in Wild Protection, it's almost possible to overwrite the group HoT and is already possible to overwrite the pt Hot?

Also, I noticed that you don't have any points in heal AA on the shadow page (and no heal stance). Again, on moderate/easy fights it's not much of an issue, but for harder fights that extra healing really comes into play, especially since many of the mobs in the ToV zone have AoEs that ignore wards and/or reactives, leaving druid HoTs as the primary line of defense.

Grenrick

END line - Glacial Assault, DPS stance, only need the one.  HEAL stance is a waste of aa.

Heal line a waste? What about the better heals?

--It improves your heals by 10%

--Reduces the recovery time of beneficial spells by 50%

--Improves the critical heal amount by 5%

I will agree on the 2nd one as it would be easy to get recovery speed to 100%.. but on really hard fights like those in ToV I can see how you cannot spec for this?

-----And if you don't have a heal stance you can take the benefit of having Concentrated Restoration which would add 15% more potency to all your heal spells?

So you are passing up on having your heals heal faster/bigger/stronger for DPS?

On the Shadows page you have not taken a single improved heal ability. So Chilling Winds (more DPS to cold base spells) is more important them Healing Winds, Group HoT (Improves overtime heal amount by 20%, improves critical heal amount by 15%)?

Just these 3 things left out of your spec means a ton of healing that will not happen.

To me this looks like a I want to DPS spec, not I want to keep peeps alive spec.

Help me understand this spec. Do you feel the extra healing is just not needed?

When we killed sontalak for the  first time. I was in a similar spec, group one did not die, and if I remember right I was near if not 2x the HPS output of the temp in group at the time.  Idk it works for me and my play style. (Also, saved my sontalak spec as forholy.)

That % increase your talking about is applied to the heal, yes.  However it is accounted toward it before any pot/cb/abmod is added.  Ungear a look at it, 50ish more heal vs killing it faster.  That is the reason it is a wasted 2 aa, and furthermore the other heal based increases.  Raid spec, maxed debuffs and group utility, have a secondary healer in group so i'm second line of defense.  So, I have set myself up to support the group best.

And I do have a dps spec I use for groups.

7380hit 5738tick,1.9sec - 6sec recast 9.5sec duration, 1.5recast .3recovery(be .25 if bard in grp /dream) if 2aa in wild regen

7588hit 5738tick,1.5sec - 6sec recast 7.5sec duration, 1.5recast .3recovery(be .25 if bard in grp /dream) if 10aa in wild regen.  So even if u cast the sec it is up, that 2% grp dmg reduction is down for .25/.3sec if not longer if your waiting for somethign else to recast.

Secondly Wild regen only deals with the intial HIT of the hot not the per tick. So, if your only reason to cast it is per the dmg reduction then no point in maxin it.

Example for the reason not to waste aa in base heal increasers

compare NO GEAR

10aa -1148 888

2aa - 940 888 

in case there were doubts.

p.s. Would have had this charm on insead of Stridor Fang, for the CC boost.

Grenrick

Thanks for the reply! I am still trying to wrap my head around it. I remember Elly and I going around and around. She is a fantastic healer just like you are but her spec did not make any sense to me. Thank you for the numbers.

Holy

The 200k heals for 8AA is only part of the story, though. With the reduced duration, the heal happens faster and can happen more often w/o overwriting itself and losing heals. Especially since the AA in the charm/mez are effectively wasted.

SES Street

That is not 200k.

1148hit, 888tick

940hit, 888tick

so 208. sorry to not labeling it.

Mermut
Guild Alliance

If that's just from the tooltips, remember that doesn't take into account crit hits, which, even with no crit bonus, multiply any differences. Also, 30% of a small number looks much less impressive then 30% of a big number.

From 2 to 3 is a 50% increase... and so is 100,000 to 150,000. Comparing percentage increase in small numbers in 4 and 3 digits when we're dealing in numbers 6 and 5 digit can give a similar sense of distortion.

With no gear, Jam's tooltip for Photosynthesis (single target hot) reads 1466 first hit 1211 initial tick (this is just AA with no gear or buffs). But in raids on Sontalak last Friday, I had hits of over 200k (max of  211,961) and that's not even necessarily the max tick, just the max that got applies.  I'm sharing the numbers to show that using no gear tooltip numbers doesn't give an accurate view of what the ability is really doing.

ps I have these numbers from the spreadsheet I use to determine my max ability mod per art, so I had the numbers handy for easy reference.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Grenricks Guidance Forum Index -> Wardens All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: